April 30, 2013

ON JEWELS ON FRAN

I let Fran borrow some of my jewels today and you know what? I loved it. I don't know whether she did (the disguised Mona-Lisa-type-smile is telling me she is feeling chains half wrapped around her neck), but I loved it. That led to a tiny, baby observation. 

When I was younger I used to wear so many bracelets on my arms, it seemed as if I was doing it on purpose to work out muscles or something. Braceletes ranged from the ones of friendship variety, to memory, event, travel souvenir, DIY and a bunch of other shit I couldn't remember if I wanted to. Same happend to my neck and my fingers. But as I grew older my love for jewelry has grown into something bigger too. It now has become more of a habit. The habit in its turn has modified itself into something more flexible and daily basis friendly: a couple gold chains around my neck, and a few knuckle rings on my, duh, knuckles.

An even smaller observation which occurred to me as I was typing and having an intimate moment with Fran, don't feminine necklaces and a boyfriend (or whatever) white button down look rad combined together?

No comments:

Post a Comment