April 6, 2013

THE ORIGINAL WEDGE

Are you completely, over the hill, over the Isabel Marant wedge? Are you? To be completely honest, I'm not. You know why? Because it's a sneaker that functions as a heel, and I have made such a big place for the concept in my heart that pulling it out at this point is impossible. But I'm always open for new options, as I'm sure you are too. So there it is. 
Photographed above is Phoebe Philo (Chloe, Celine durr) just chilling on a leopard couch in her leather pants and (dun dun dun) Nikes. And not just any Nikes, the good ol' Air Max 90's. The original wedge has made a major come back and I really like it.

For this special occasion I've pulled some options, like option a. right above that sentence. You see what did there just now? I matched the sneaker to the couch. I know it's not a special talent or anything but for some reason I'm very excited about it. So excited, that option b. right below is a textured variation.

There's a zebra, a tiger, a cheetah, a wedge and boy, do I hope the first three are faux. In the name of that, let's leave the pattern alone and do us some gold - option c. 

I can't decide if option c. is sweet or tacky but for the love of metallics I'm leaning towards sweet. Please do let know what you think, because it matters. And one for the road, a photograph of Phoebe walking backstage at Celine, smiling in a "can't wait to get out of here" sort of way, which is exactly what I'm doing but in a "can't wait to be back here" way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment